4/17/2009
Room 301
The room I spent my entire visit to the hospital in, was room 301. Aside from being right on top of the hospital renovation construction noise, it offered great locale. I was in the corner and shared one wall with another hospital room and the other wall with the stair well. I couldn't complain when the construction was at a halt, because one less neighbor with a crying baby made a huge difference in my sleep.
All the hospital room doors were fitted with white board signs you could write messages on or just turn over for a do not disturb sign. Being the comedian I aspire to be, I wrote down, "I'm getting some beauty sleep," hoping to deter unwanted visitors politely. This didn't work all that well, three people snuck by and popped in unexpectedly. Everyone was super nice, I am just not a big visitor person when it comes to the days following the delivery of a new baby.