4/15/2009

Family of 4



When my OB/GYN's office called on Monday to let me know that my surgery needed to be moved from 12PM to 4PM, I was originally very upset. Between the nerves I already had over the procedure and the hard day the kids would have as it was, I was worried that the later time would make things even worse. After a day of panic resulting in the need for priesthood blessing, I got some sleep and dealt with the change better.

Because of the extra four hours we had to ourselves before the C-section, we decided to make the best of the situation and do some fun stuff. We had an early Daddy Donut Day so I could partake before starting my 8 hour fast and then headed over to Stonebriar mall for some playing and for me to pick up some new nail polish for a later in the day nail painting and a new shirt to wear home from the hospital. We tried to take advantage of a huge sale and get Kyle some much needed work pants, but came up short and rushed home for a nap for Jack.

While he was asleep I escaped and went to a nail place to have them paint my finger and toenails. I was against them doing anything that could possibly put at risk for any sort of fungus, forcing them literally to just paint my nails with the polish I brought in. With no tip, the total was $13, I plan on going back soon!

When I got back, Ava saw my nails and insisted I paint hers too! It was a fun time and then we all got ready for when Jack woke up so we could head over to the Jensen's house. Our friends from Virginia have been there for us so much since moving here last August and they stepped up once again and volunteered to watch the kids while I was at the hospital for the C-section. The kids love it at their house, so they were excited to go.

Before we rushed out the door, I wanted to take one last family photo. The kids love using the timer on the camera, and Ava was so excited that the baby was coming today, that the pictures turned out great. What a beautiful family, one any new member would be happy to join!