12/30/2021

So Much Snow!!


Jack had practice this morning at 10, while Ava had practice this morning at 10:45, meaning the 24+ inch drifts covering over half of our driveway had to go!!  Kyle was on a phone call, so I decided to let Jack sleep and tackle it on my own. I started to shovel a little path away from the garage and then started the blower up. 

The blower was great where the snow wasn’t taller than it, but once I hit the drifts and then started up the driveway, my heart sank. The seemingly immovable snow loomed everywhere!  I was started to get nervous wondering if I would be able to make it up the driveway or tackle the mountain the plow had left for us at the top of the driveway. 

I said a little prayer and kept moving. I had to go back and forth to get both the snow mountain from the plow and the drifts were taller than the blower.  It took over and hour for me to plow enough for Kyle to maneuver the Audi out and take the kids to practice. I spent almost another hour trying to clear some more so the Lexus could get out  

I was exhausted, but grateful that in the end the driveway was driveway was driveable for both cars. I’m not sure why I cared, because the power got turned off for two hours and we couldn’t hold the garage door high enough to squeeze the Lexus out with the carrier on top. After smashing into the bottom trim piece on the garage and realizing we couldn’t fit, Norah, Ben and I hunkered down until Kyle came home a few hours later and the power was restored. 

The trim piece is not fixable at this time. Kyle is confident that once the weather is better he can get the whole strip off and reattach it with no trouble. In the mean time though, we need that piece to help keep some of the snow out of the garage!!