12/09/2021

Snow Tire Time!


We have had no snow since October, so when it snowed for two days straight this week and we didn’t have snow tires on the big car, I thought it was time for a life lesson.  In between assignments, Ava jumped in and helped uninstall and install 4 giant tires!!  It was so helpful to have her there assisting, and at one point we did have to get Kyle’s help, but I feel like if Ava got a flat away from home, she would definitely know what to do. 

The other part of the story, is that 4 days later, I was driving home with Jack from practice and felt like there was a shimmy happening. Come to find out the lugs on the tires were mostly loose!  It was startling. Luckily Jack was with me and between shin and a kind passerby, we got the tires all tightened up!

The last part of the story, though, is that I took the car into the tire shop to get everything checked out to be safe after the lugs were loose. They said the tires were all good, but one of my sensors was out causing an error light to pop up. I had the car in a few days later getting an oil change and the mechanic said 2 of the tires were on backwards!  What a mess!!