3/30/2009
March 30, 2009 - The Worst Day
Jack has been sick this past week, causing a 9 month pregnant mom to change 8+ diahrea diapers in one day coupled with a cranky, whiny kid. That was last week, this week he is finally feeling better and has opted for a new form of torture-the terrible two's.
Today I visited some girls from church with the two kids and at the last stop after it had been time to go, Jack decided he was not ready and proceeded to run away from me and scream at the top of his lungs. Not knowing this lady that well, wasn't what made it beyond horrible, it was when I was forced to pick up this 40 pound kid and lug him down some steps while he rapid fire hit me in the face and then screamed at me with the lungs of a whale!
I was totally mortified.
Not only was my sweet boy acting CRAZY, he was abusing his self-sacrificing mother in front of people all because he didn't want to leave.
It didn't get any better throughout the day and after a similar episode with Kyle at a local sandwich shop that caused a family of patrons to glare at us and eventually leave the restaurant, I was way saddened and felt like a terrible mother.
In the days that have passed, Jack has not gotten much better, but I have gotten better at not putting him situations like on Monday where I was way too pregnant to handle him correctly.
This new baby is coming in 2 weeks and hopefully Jack will be better equipped to handle this new stage in his life.