3/25/2010

Kindergarten Round-Up

Only in Texas would they refer to the giving of your child over the school system-Kindergarten Round-Up. I am picturing a kid being roped up and tied instead of an innocent 5 year old being shipped off to "the real world" for 7 hours a day 5 days a week. The jury is still out on which is worse.

All these thoughts were flying through my head as I stood in line for an hour and a half with a nap deprived Norah along with almost a hundred other moms and dads.

Then to make things worse I kept picturing this sweet little princess sitting behind a desk for way too many needless hours and the tears couldn't be stopped as I handed my packet off to the last person to check it over before being told "she's ready to go!"



I love my kids as much as the next mom, but this whole kindergarten thing has really thrown me for an emotional loop, leaving me heartbroken daily. The only positive I can see is that Jack will have some more one on one time with me.